Tuesday 2 February 2010

Wim Delvoye




































I came across a piece of Delvoye's work a while a go but it wasn't until today that I fully researched the artist. It's safe to say that I was pretty blown a way by his work. The 'completeness' of it really appealed to me, the body of work just feels well rounded, like he has considered every possibility of the work and then pushed it to it's limit. I also love the business like approach to the production of the 'Cloaca' series of work and that whole idea of the production line/factory idea within the art world. This approach is something that I feel will suite the subject matter of my current work really well and has already given me several ideas that I feel now are worthy of exploration.

http://www.wimdelvoye.be/

No comments:

Post a Comment